Your target audience gives proper direction in figuring out who and why somebody would be interested in what you have to offer. It is also the first of many steps in creating a great marketing campaign.
Over the years Every Market Media realized that the target audience is overlooked in the aspect of online marketing. One of the big mistakes a business manager can make is to believe that the larger the potential of the market, the greater the chance to sell a product.
Many marketers worry that their business might lose money if they focus on one specific group.Truthfully, that is incorrect. It can have a negative impact on your business plan because the larger the market, the competition gets tougher and it is likely that your business is going to drain more of its resources.
There’s No Such Thing as “Everybody is my audience.”
There are specific groups of people that are more likely to buy your product than others. It is important to identify that regardless if you’re doing retail or Business to Business (B2B), so you can focus on those that will generate profit.
Questions to Ask Yourself That Can Help You Define Your Target Audience
- Why would your audience need this product?
- Marital Status
- Home Value
- What are your marketing demographics?
- Job Title
- Industry Type
- Annual Sales
- Number of Employees
- What are the psychographics of your targeting audience?
- Need for status
- Role of money
- Risk-taker vs. Conservative
- Spendthrift vs. hoarder of money
- What are the reason(s) your audience is going to buy?
- What is the location of your target audience?
- Any prior knowledge?
- People have experience with the message
- Knowledge can make people either more or less likely to be interested
- What are the usage patterns?
- Most-used media channels
- Frequency of use? One time? Multi-use?
- How to reach your target audience?
Once you’re able to answer all the following questions, you should have better idea on how or who to reach out to. If you do not know who your target audience is, studying the competition is just as important. Every Market Media not only helps you narrow down their various selects to pinpoint your target audience, but once your campaign is live they continue to work with you to refine your target even further. Testing is an essential part of the marketing process and EMM helps you every step of the way.