We here at EMM know better than anyone that there is an abundance of United States based business databases out there to choose from, so we wanted to make sure you had some Do’s and Don’ts to guide you in finding the right one.
Firstly establishing and maintaining your own business database takes a lot of time, which is why using maintained external databases is a quick and easy way to access information that could take a single business years to build, so without further ado, here are the recommended Do’s and Don’ts from our business data experts:
- Don’t invest in a cheap database – it might prove to be more expensive in the long run, since inaccurate databases will waste time and resources, for example, contacting the wrong people or wrong companies which and lead to an initial bad impression for your business.
- Don’t buy a database that pressures you into buying contacts or features you don’t need – make sure that you are focusing your marketing resources on factors that will give you results. TIP: Make sure you have a clear goal of what you want the database to help your company accomplish and how.
- Don’t hesitate to ask questions – It’s important to make an informed and educated choice about what is the best option for you and your marketing strategy.
- Do find a company which has experienced business database consultants
- Do find a provider who properly maintains their systems – a properly maintained business database contains comprehensive details on all contacts, services, brands, products and company selects.
- Do find a business database provider who has a large B2B base database – this provider is more likely to have more contacts which directly suit you specific marketing needs.
Every Market Media is a United States based wholesale data compiler and data services consultant with over 20 year’s experience feel free to contact us for more advice, to receive a FREE count or for a quote.
If you enjoyed these tips, here are two other blog posts that you might be interested in:
- The next step for database marketing: Linking business email to consumer email and how EMM is doing it right with Linkkey™
- Improving EMM’s B2B Marketing Database by Adding Standardized Title Buckets
If you liked these tips, use our social media buttons and share them with your friends and colleagues!